Sunday, April 22, 2007

Personal goals


One of my dreams ever since i was a little girl was to go horseback riding, or take lessons--and of course to have a pony...but now I want to at least take some horseback riding lessons. and every year when the weather gets warmer like this, blue skies and lots of sunshine, it makes me think of that dream. I need to really make that dream of mine come true finally, after all i am 34 years old now. so I'm going to make a deadline: By the end of this summer of 2007 before I start my student teaching and thus the beginning of my busy teaching career, i would like to take a few lessons in horseback riding.

If anyone knows of any good farms around here that would be a good place to do it at and you are reading this, will you let me know? and any suggestions would be great or if you want to do it with me...the more the merrier!!

Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charity, your music screen obscures the text of your blog...and I can't read your post.

Darlene said...

It's wonderful you want to do something about your "wish" list. So many times we let things go by and just keep saying - if only I had time, if only I had enough money, if only...

I admire you for setting a timetable for achieving your goals. However, being 34 does not mean you have to be in a hurry. I have 21 years on you and I still feel like I have lots of time to finish my "wish list". Maybe I'm wrong, but here's hoping I'm not.

Barb Hollings said...

Charity,

I think it's wonderful that your setting personal goals for yourself. It's something I believe that everyone should do. Of course, I have to agree with Darlene, you don't have to be in a big hurry to do everything and working on one or two goals at a time is a great ideal. Just don't bite off more than you can chew!

On that note, I can say that as a kid I grew up with horses. My mom always liked having horses around and she kind of pushed me and my brother into riding horses all of the time. I use to be in 4-H and I rode in the show ring (small scale) and won a few ribbons.

I wish I knew of someone close in Cortland that would be good for riding lessons, but I don't. I do think that you might be able to Google something though. I'd try horseback riding lessons, Cortland or something along those lines. Maybe Cortland area first and then horseback riding lessons. I will keep my ears open though and if I do hear of anything I'll let you know.