Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wiki what?

Reading these NCATE/NCTE standards on learning standards that teachers need to know in order to guide students is rather overwhelming for me. I think at this point my students could teach me alot more about this stuff than I know. I have the disadvantage of being 33 years old and not having the experience of ipods and technologies in school that all these kids have. High school students grew up with computers, literally with the world at their fingertips.

I have a lot to learn, and I look forward to learning how to bring this into my classroom because students relate to technologies and computers with excitement and eagerness. This class, ENL 307 computers in the classroom, is the first class I have come across in my experience as a student in the Adolescent Education program that is allowing me to touch on these hot new issues. It is only with computers and the world wibe web that we can really get to our students because it is a world they can wrap their young minds around. I look forward to learning from these learners as well about all that the internet as to offer me too.

No comments: