Friday, May 11, 2007

Friedman was right!!

What are the hardest teaching positions to fill?
Math
20%
Science
21.33%
English
1.33%
Social Studies
0%
ELL / ESL
6.67%
Special Ed
28%
Fine Arts
1.33%
PE / Health
0%
Foreign Language
20%
Other
1.33%
Total Votes: 75

I copied this survey from the LeaderTalk blog. interesting isn't it? hmmm I think Friedman was right. OUr education system is severely lacking in good math and science teachers. How are we going to keep up with the rest of the world in regards to the new world where technology rules and those that don't know anything about it or can't play the game, will fall behind? How will we learn to play the game if there aren't enough teachers that can teach the future of America the necessary skills needed to survive in this new "flat fiber-optic world", this read/write Web 2.0? Just something to ponder about. I enjoyed reading the blog posts this morning from my classmates and reading the latest from Will Richardson and the numerous insightful comments that spawn from his posts. By the time I get to the bottom, I forget what I was going to say in response to his post. LOL Blogging is a whole new way of communicating which I can't seem to wrap my mind around yet, but I'm getting there thanks to this class.

No comments: