Wednesday, March 28, 2007

the ipod craze

All I can say is WOW! It is amazing to be alive during this rapidly changing, developing world right now and be able to see what's happening, but at the same time, my head is spinning. Just think: pretty soon CDs are going to be obsolete soon. Everyone is downloading music and songs from the internet now directly onto their ipods. I was just looking online at a band's website, and you can buy it right from the comfort of your home and then download the whole album right then and there. no more music CDs, and no more CDs with software and stuff on it. I feel like we jumped from floppies to those little cd keys, and CDs were just a blur--they are practically a thing of the past just like floppies. no more cd players, dvd players... everyone is watching movies on their DVR now or Pay Per View, and have you seen that website alloftv.net?? OMG check it out... you can watch all your favorite TV shows on that website if you missed it during the week--you don't even need the DVR/cable...a laptop will do for all your entertainment needs. WHich is why that is going to be my next purchase. I want a laptop, something I can carry with me whereever I go, when I travel, but also use in the comfort of my home too. Its not big and bulky like those stupid desktops...
I foresee that everyone will have laptops soon, and then those little blackberries. Look at the ipod craze: its just one step up from the ipod really....and cell phones are getting better too so you can check email from website on your cell now. Everyone is going to have a cell phone/blackberry/laptop all-in-one within the next 10 years, maybe even 5, who knows??? In this country and parts of Europe it could easily be 5 years...It is unfathomably amazing!!! (hmmm, that is a good word...i think i just made it up)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All too true. The rapid changes are happening even as I type this line.

How about your blog quizzes Charity?? I miss hearing you tackle these challenging readings/subjects.

CHARITY said...

Karen,
I am working on it, but the Friedman book is, I will admit, a bit challenging to sink my teeth into and read... it is taking me a while to get through it...But I love the Hobbs book and I plan on writing a blog about that as well as the field trip because I took alot of notes and I want to pair it with some pics I took too. I also just got the new Alan Review in the mail and there is a good article in there about technology. I will bring it to class on Wednesday if ya want.

Jonathan said...

God forbid we create an AI. I think that would be the dumbest idea ever. A supercomputer along with all the other new technologies. That would be disasterous. Small digital tools will "rock" though